For updating Samsung Galaxy S I9000(SGS) to latest version of Froyo 2.2.1 you need the following prerequisites:
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your SGS installed on the desktop. (To do so simply install Samsung Kies from Samsung's official website or here)
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously)
- The next important point is to download the firmware for upgrading. The latest 2.2.1 Froyo version is XWJS8, here is the link for the firmware.(Password for rar file is samfirmware.com) firmware source www.SamFirmware.com
- You need to have ODIN v1.3(the software used to update your SGS)
Once you have all the things mentioned above you can now upgrade your SGS to XWJS8 in a few minutes.
Kindly follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Extract the firmware you will find a folder named "I9000XWJS8" inside that folder there will be a file "NEE.tar"
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Click on PIT and choose the 512 pit file.
- Click on PDA and select the PDA(here it will be NEE.tar) file from extracted folder.
- DO NOT tick Re-Partition
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start button.
- You will see the progress in both ODIN and your phone.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color in PASS and ID:COM fields)