I'm providing the instructions for flashing I5801DDJP2 on your Samsung Galaxy 3 via ODIN.
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your Samsung Galaxy 3 installed on the desktop. (To do so simply install Samsung Kies from here, after installing get the latest drivers for your Samsung device by going to Tools Menu -> Install Drivers)
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously.)
- The next important point is to download the I5801DDJP2 firmware from here.
- Next you need to have ODIN-MultiUploader-v4.252.
- You also need to have the Galaxy Apollo .OPS file
- Make sure you back up all your data, contacts and other information before flashing 2.2 DDJP2 on your Galaxy 3 GT-I5801
Extract I5801DDJP2.rar file with the password "samfirmware.com".
Kindly follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Open ODIN and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Flashing Steps:
- In ODIN Multi Downloader, there is an option "One Package" you need to have that ticked.
- The next step is the select the OPS and One Package files
- Select the "apollo_0531.ops" file in OPS.
- Select the "I5801DDJP2.tar" file by clicking One Package button at the bottom.
- Click on Start wait till you see pass in ODIN before you unplug your phone.
upgrading Galaxy 3 GT-I5801 via Kies to 2.2 Froyo-DDJP2.
You can now get Swype working on DDJP2!
Here is the link for detailed instructions Swype-DDJP2!.