The official Froyo update is I5801DDJP2.
To update to this version of Froyo you need to install Samsung Kies version 188.8.131.5232_12_9, this software can be downloaded from here.
This software can be installed on Windows XP/Vista/7.
- For being eligible for getting this upgrade you must be running Samsung's 2.1 DDJG6 firmware.
If you have installed any other version then you need to first flash 2.1 DDJG6 and then upgrade to 2.2 Froyo DDJP2.
To install 2.1 DDJG6 follow instructions from here.
- Your Galaxy 3 must be charged at least 50%. I recommend charging it to 100%.
- Make sure you have a fast internet connection. Your entire firmware will be downloaded first and then flashed.
- Make sure you sync all your contacts and backup all your data before upgrading.
I'll go through the entire process here.
- As soon as you connect your Galaxy 3, Samsung Kies will prompt you for a firmware upgrade for your device.
- Now click on update to begin the process.
- Read the instructions carefully and tick the checkbox that says I have read all the above information.
- Now click on Start upgrade button to actually begin the upgrade process, make sure you have read all the instructions before starting the upgrade process.
- PLEASE DO NOT DISCONNECT THE CABLE CONNECTED TO THE PC.
- It will now prepare to upgrade your GT-I5801.
- After that it will download the actual firmware for flashing your GT-I5801. This step might take some time, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the firmware is downloaded, it will start to actually install the downloaded firmware on your Galaxy 3 GT-I5801.
- Once the installation is completed, you will get "Firmware upgrade complete" message and the description of the upgrade as seen below,
- Your phone will restart, it will take some time to start for the first time, and you will be stuck on black screen with Samsung written at the center.
- Once your phone starts you can now remove and plug in the USB cable and click on GT-I5801 you will see the message "This is the latest firmware" on your screen.
- Congratulations you have successfully upgraded your Galaxy 3 GT-I5801(Apollo) to 2.2 DDJP2 Froyo!!!
Have you upgraded your Galaxy 3 to the latest 2.2 Froyo Official from Samsung India????
You can now get Swype working on DDJP2!
Here is the link for detailed instructions Swype-DDJP2!.
Note: All those who want to flash 2.2 Froyo-DDJP2 on their Galaxy 3 without using Kies can follow instructions from [ODIN] Installing 2.2 Froyo DDJP2 on Samsung Galaxy 3.