Here's a one-click root with almost all phones and all android versions. (including the I9000, Droid, Nexus One, etc)
YOU CAN ROOT ALMOST ALL ANDROID PHONES!
The program requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0+ or Mono v1.2.6+.
If you run Windows XP you can download Microsoft .NET 2.0 Service Pack 2 from here.
If you run MAC or Linux, then you can download Mono v2.6.7+ from here.
Operations systems with native support:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu Hardy (8.04 LTS)
- Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04)
- Ubuntu Karmic (9.10)
- Ubuntu Lucid (10.04 LTS)
- Ubuntu Maverick (10.10)
- Debian Lenny (5.0)
I have tried this on both Windows XP and Windows 7.
Steps for Rooting:
- You NEED to put your phone on USB Debugging mode
- You NEED to install make sure the Android drivers for your phone are installed.
- Make sure you DO NOT mount your SD card.
- Open SuperOneClick as Administrator.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable.
- Click on "Root" button to root your phone.
- Wait till the procedure is completed.(It should not take a long time)
NOTE:If you still can't get something to run, try doing it in recovery mode.
To Unroot simply follow the same procedure, instead of clicking on Root button click on Unroot button!!!
This software might be detected as malware by some antivirus's.
rageagainstthecage is a root exploit via a fork bomb.
It IS a potentially malicious payload, BUT it is being used with owner's consent to root the phone.