François Simond a.k.a supercurio the founder of project-voodoo for Galaxy S devices has created a kernel based on ext4 with custom recovery menu and root(you need to install superuser app from market).
For installing Voodoo Stock + Ext4 Kernel on your SGS running XXJVP-2.3.4 follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Have your mobile charged at least 50%(full charge is recommended).
- Turn off mobile
- Now, enter download mode by pressing volume down + menu button + power button simultaneously.
- Download the Gingerbread Voodoo Stock + Ext4 Kernel from here.
- Once you are in the download mode now open ODIN(any version will do).
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Click on PDA and select the downloaded *.tar file.
- DO NOT tick Re-Partition.
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start.
Enjoy a much faster, smoother and better Samsung Galaxy S!