You can flash DDJG4 irrespective of the firmware you have currently installed on your Galaxy S.
DDJG4 is the official Indian firmware for Galaxy S.
This was the firmware that was pre-installed on the phone when the phone was first launched.
I recommend installing this firmware whenever you wish to get an official upgrade from Samsung Kies in India.
For updating Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000(SGS) to Eclair 2.1 DDJG4 you need the following prerequisites:
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your SGS installed on the desktop. To do so simply install Samsung Kies. Samsung Kies version 188.8.131.5253_99_3 can be downloaded from here.
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously)
- The next important point is to download the complete flashing package. The I9000DDJG4 complete flashing package can be downloaded from here.
The password for this file is "http://techgom.blogspot.com"(without the quotes).
Kindly follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Extract the firmware you will find a folder named "I9000DDJG4.rar" inside that folder there will be "ADD_ODD.tar", "s1_odin_20100512.pit" and "Odin3v1.3.exe".
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Open Odin3v1.3 and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Select PIT "s1_odin_20100512.pit" from the extracted folder.
- Click on PDA and select the PDA file "ADD_ODD.tar" from extracted folder.
- DO NOT tick Re-Partition.
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see the progress in both ODIN and your phone.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color in PASS above ID:COM field)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone and follow on screen instructions.