All users running DDJG4(2.1), DDJP6(2.2), DDJV6(2.3.3) version of Android can update to this version using Samsung Kies.
This is the second Gingerbread update for Galaxy S users in India. The first one was DDJV6, which was a 2.3.3 version of Gingerbread. The latest official version of Gingerbread is DDJV9 and is also a 2.3.3 version.
This is a must have for all people currently on DDJV6 version of Gingerbread!
- What's new in DDJV9?
- Support for HINDI is back. This was missing in the DDJV6 update!
- Everything is much more smoother compared to DDJV6.
- Should you consider flashing this ROM if you are on Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVP?
I think that is a personal choice, if u want Hindi support on your device then you should definitely flash DDJV9.
If Hindi support is not important for you, then you are better off with Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVP!
- Does swype work on in this firmware?
Yes! Swype works perfectly in DDJV9 firmware. No force close error's as seen on previous firmwares.
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your SGS installed on the desktop. To do so simply install Samsung Kies. Samsung Kies version 18.104.22.16853_99_3 can be downloaded from here.
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously)
- The next important point is to download the complete flashing package. The I9000DDJV9 complete flashing package can be downloaded from here.
The password for this file is "http://techgom.blogspot.com"(without the quotes).
Kindly follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Extract the firmware you will find a folder named "I9000DDJV9.rar" inside that folder there will be another folder "GT_I9000_DDJV9_DDJV4_ODDJV9_Sbl", "s1_odin_20100512.pit" and "Odin3v1.3.exe".
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Open Odin3v1.3 and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Select PIT "s1_odin_20100512.pit" from the extracted folder.
- Click on PDA and select the PDA file "PDA_DDJV9_Sbl.tar.md5" from the folder GT_I9000_DDJV9_DDJV4_ODDJV9_Sbl.
- Click on PHONE and select the PHONE file "PHONE_DDJV4.tar.md5" from the folder GT_I9000_DDJV9_DDJV4_ODDJV9_Sbl.
- Click on CSC and select the CSC file "CSC_ODDJV9.tar.md5" from the folder GT_I9000_DDJV9_DDJV4_ODDJV9_Sbl.
- DO NOT tick Re-Partition.
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see the progress in both ODIN and your phone.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color in PASS above ID:COM field)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone and follow on screen instructions.