If you are having trouble with getting push notifications, you can check out how to configure them from our previous article here, where we have explained it in detail.
To update your version of the Android application, please go to the Android Market.
Fixed Issues/Bugs on Twitter for Android 2.1.2:
- Removing an account while a notification is in the status bar for a different account erases that notification.
- Some devices lose the ability to play media files. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please disable the option for sound effects in the app settings.
- Problems with uploading photos.
- Improved profile photo uploads.
- Tweet saves to drafts even though it sent. Unable to resend the Tweet from drafts.
- Many crash bugs.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Power down your device completely.
- Restart the device.
- If the you have a home shortcut for the app, remove the shortcut and add it again. After this you should be able to launch from both the app tray and the home shortcut with no problem.
Source: Twitter Help Center