Here are some of the other prerequisites,
- CWM recovery
- SpeedMod Kernel
- safe bootloaders which means you will still have download mode working even after flashing
Also, you will need to download the FlashingPackage.rarContains Odin3v1.3 & s1_odin_20100512.pit, the password for this file is "http://www.techgom.com/" without the quotes.
Note: Make sure that you charge your Galaxy S to 100%.
Follow the instructions to install the safe Froyo base on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000,
- Check if Samsung KiesSoftware provided by Samsung to connect your Galaxy S with the PC, take backup, sync music and/or video etc. is running, exit it if it is running.
- Unplug the USB cable from the phone if it is still connected.
- Turn off the phone, by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Your phone will vibrate while powering down, once that is done you need to put your phone in download modePower Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button, you should be able to see this image on your phone.
- Now, you need to open Odin3v1.3Software used to flash firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S. from the "FlashingPackageExtracted from "FlashingPackage.rar" downloaded earlier!" folder.
- Connect the USB cable to your phone.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Now you have to select the PIT by selecting "s1_odin_20100512.pit512 PIT will be used while re-partitioning the device." file from the "FlashingPackageExtracted from "FlashingPackage.rar" downloaded earlier!" folder.
- Click on PDA in Odin and select "GT-I9000_FROYO_FULL_PDA.tarCWM + SpeedMod + safe Bootloader", this is the safe Froyo base file we downloaded earlier.
- DO NOT FORGET to check re-partition tab.
- Now hit START Button.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color and PASS above ID:COM field)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone.
You can now install CM7CyanogenMod7 from here.