Today I'm going to show you how to install a DarkyROM 10.2 Resurrection Edition, which means you get the cleanest ROM possible!
Thanks to Darky and Ficeto, you can now experience a faster, smoother and better performance on your Samsung Galaxy S like never before!
DarkyROM 10.2 features:
- RootedInstall Superuser
- Extended power menu
- Rotary Unlock
- Memory HacksRAM Hack
- Lots more
- and BLNBack Lights Notification
Before flashing you need to ensure couple of things:
- Make sure your lagfix is on be4 flashing DarkyROM 10.2 RE, this is needed for the following reason,
Lagfix ON: you'll get GGB Launcher and the new Market
LagfixOFF: you will not get the above two apps (/data will still be converted to EXT4)
To turn on lagfix on a Gingerbread ROM install Voodoo kernel.
- Make sure you charge your phone to 100% before starting the flashing process, this is reduce your efforts to re-calibrate it later on.
- You need to download the DarkyROM_10.2_Resurrection package from here.
- Extract the downloaded package, inside which you will find the following things,
- Enter Download Modevol-down + home + power by pressing power button + home button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Open the extracted folder, start Odin 1.3.
- Very important, Make sure Kies is off.
- Connect the USB cable to your phone.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Now you have to select the PIT by selecting s1_odin_20100512.pit file from the extracted folder.
- Remember you have to tick repartition.
- Select the PDA.tar it into PDA section in Odin.
- Now press start.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color and PASS above ID:COM field)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone.
Note: If you miss any apps, do not worry! They are backed up on your sdcard and you can use DarkyROM Tool to install whatever you need.