For updating Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000(SGS) to latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.5(XXJVS) you need the following prerequisites:
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your SGS installed on the desktop. To do so simply install Samsung Kies. Samsung Kies version 126.96.36.19971_128 can be downloaded from here.
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously)
- Download the Flashing Package from here, contains ODIN3-v1.3 and .512 pit file.
- The next important point is to download the actual firmware for upgrading. The latest 2.3.5 Gingerbread is I9000XXJVS, here is the link for the firmware.(The password for the file is "http://www.techgom.com/", without the quotes.)
Kindly follow the instructions mentioned below,
- Extract the firmware you will find a folder named "I9000XXJVS" inside that folder there will be 3 files,
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Extract FlashingPackage.rar, open ODIN from that folder and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Select PIT "s1_odin_20100512.pit" from the Flashing Package folder.
- Click on PDA and select the PDA file "CODE_I9000XXJVS_CL565837_REV03_user_low_ship.tar" from extracted folder.
- Click on PHONE and select the PHONE file "MODEM_I9000XXJVS_REV_00_CL1059471.tar" from extracted folder.
- Click on CSC and select the CSC file "GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVS.tar" from extracted folder.
- DO NOT tick Re-Partition.
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see the progress in both ODIN and your phone.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color in PASS and ID:COM fields)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone and follow on screen instructions.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!