The best thing about CF-Root is that other than rooting your device, it brings no unwanted changes to your stock kernel.
Follow these simple instructions to root your Samsung Galaxy S:
- Download the CF-Root XXJVT Package.
- Right click on the downloaded file and extract it. It will prompt you to enter a password. The password is "http://www.techgom.com/", the text in red.
- Once you extract the file, you will get a folder with the same name. The folder will contain,
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Open Odin3v1.3 and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Click on PIT and choose the "s1_odin_20100512.pit" file from the folder.
- Click on PDA and choose the "CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVT-v4.3-CWM3RFS.tar" file from the folder.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked and Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are both checked.
- Now press start.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color and PASS above ID:COM field)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone.
You have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 running 2.3.5 XXJVT firmware.
Update: To convert all partitions to ext4,
- Download CF-Root-ext4-v1.3-Addon.rar
- Extract the apk from the rar file, the password for this file is "http://www.techgom.com/".
- Transfer the apk to SD-Card and install it.
- You can then run the app and select which partitions you want to convert to ext4.