- Faster (Overall speed and scrolling)
- Blue overglow effect
- Endless scrolling app menu
- Endless scrolling homescreen menu
- Better GPS signal
- NO WIFI issue for the majority
The credit for this firmware goes to powerdams, a senior member on XDA-Developers.
For updating Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000(SGS) to latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.5(XXJVT) you need the following prerequisites:
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your SGS installed on the desktop. To do so simply install Samsung Kies. Samsung Kies version 184.108.40.20671_128 can be downloaded from here.
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously)
- Download the Flashing Package from here, contains ODIN3-v1.3 and .512 pit file, the password for the file is "http://www.techgom.com/".
- The next important point is to download the actual firmware for upgrading. The latest 2.3.5 Gingerbread is i9000XXJVT, here is the link for the firmware.
- Extract the firmware you will find a folder named "i9000XXJVT" inside that folder there will be 3 files,
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Extract FlashingPackage.rar, open ODIN from that folder and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Select PIT "s1_odin_20100512.pit" from the Flashing Package folder.
- Click on PDA and select the PDA file "CODE_I9000XXJVT_CL617736_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5" from extracted folder.
- Click on PHONE and select the PHONE file "MODEM_I9000XXJVT_REV_00_CL1064602.tar.md5" from extracted folder.
- Click on CSC and select the CSC file "GT-I9000-CSC-HOME-MULTI-OXAJVT.tar.md5" from extracted folder.
- DO NOT tick Re-Partition.
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see the progress in both ODIN and your phone.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color in PASS and ID:COM fields)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone and follow on screen instructions.
You can root your XXJVT firmware using CF-Root, check this link for instructions on how to install CF-Root.
You can also install Google Talk with audio/video support on XXJVT firmware, by following the guide mentioned here.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!