There are certain prerequisites to perform this task,
- You must root your device, to do so you can either install a kernel which will root your device for you or follow the Guide to Root your Android Device.
These are the kernels you can use,
- Install Root Explorer app from Android market, here is a link for the same.
- Download the talk1.3.nowifi.v2.rar, the password for this file is "http://www.techgom.com/" without the quotes.
Once you have all the above mentioned points, we can now begin the procedure to install GTalk with audio and video support on your Samsung Galaxy S,
- Extract the downloaded file talk1.3.nowifi.v2.rar, copy the files inside the extracted folder and paste them in the internal SD-Card of your device.
- The contents of the "talk1.3.nowifi.v2" folder are as follows,
- Open Root Explorer,
- Traverse to the location where you pasted the files.
- Now copy "libtalk_jni.so" by pressing and holding the file and selecting copy from Options.
- Traverse back to root folder (/) and open "/system/lib".
- Paste the copied file in lib folder by pressing the paste button on the screen. If you get a warning: "You cannot paste here because the file system is read-only." then click on "Mount R/W" button at the top right corner of the screen and paste the file again.
- Now we need to copy the second file "Talk.apk" we transferred to the SD-card.
- Once you have copied the "Talk.apk" file, traverse to "/system/app".
- Scroll through all the app's and find "Talk.apk".
- We need to rename this app so that we can switch back to this app in future. You can rename the app as "Talk.apk1".
- Once you have renamed the app, we have to paste the copied "Talk.apk" here.
- Close Root Explorer, we are done here.
- Just restart your device before opening GTalk.
Congratulations! You now have GTalk with audio and video support on your Samsung Galaxy S!