For updating Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9100(SGS II) to latest leaked version of ICS 4.0.3(XXKP8) you need the following prerequisites:
- You need to have the Samsung drivers for your SGS II installed on the desktop. To do so simply install Samsung Kies. If you have Kies already installed then you can skip this step. Samsung Kies version 22.214.171.12471_128 can be downloaded from here.
- Make sure you have charged your battery, 50% or higher is preferable. (To be on a safer side charge your mobile to 100%)
- Make sure you have download mode working. (Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button, once switched off press and hold "power button + menu button + vol down button" simultaneously)
- The next important point is to download the actual firmware for upgrading. The XXKP8 ICS firmware can be downloaded from here. The password for this file is samfirmware.com
- Extract the firmware, the contents of the folder will be as followa,
- Enter Download Mode by pressing power button + menu button + vol down button simultaneously.
- Open ODIN from that extracted folder and then plug in the USB cable.
- Ensure that you see something written in ID:COM after connecting your device.
- Select PIT "u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit" from the extracted folder.
- Click on PDA and select the PDA file "I9100_CODE_I9100XXKP8_CL42141_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5" from extracted folder.
- Click on PHONE and select the MODEM file "I9100_I9100XXKP8_REV02_CL1092599.tar.md5" from extracted folder.
- Click on CSC and select the CSC file "GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXAKP8.tar.md5" from extracted folder.
- Tick Re-Partition.
- Check if both Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.(both are ticked by default)
- Press Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see the progress in both ODIN and your phone.
- Your phone will restart.(You should see green color in PASS and ID:COM fields)
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your phone and follow on screen instructions.
Congratulations! you have now successfully updated your SGS II to the latest leaked 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware(I9100XXKP8).
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!